1.02.2010

about...




Aesthetic Outburst traces the life and times of a little, art-obsessed family living in rural upstate New York. It's updated daily by freelance artist/crafter Abbey Hendrickson (that's me!). I live with my talented husband, PRH...


us
and our two babies. EZ E is our creative, ridiculously funny four-year-old son and Kicky is our feisty but sweet two-year-old daughter. They've both inherited my crazy hair...




We bought an abandoned farmhouse in July 2011 and are in the middle of a major DIY renovation. On any given day you'll find me knocking down walls in our house; obsessing about other houses; making art, zines, and other crafty projects; collecting oddities; falling in love with a new book; or oohing and ahhing over some artist, designer, or architect. The little moments in life are what inspire me the most though. Seeing my sleepy children in the morning; building blanket forts; watching my husband play outside with our babies; long, cut-throat games of Scrabble; red wine and good food; lingering visits from friends and family...those are the moments that I’m talking about. Oh, and I'm glad you're here!

Feel free to email me at hownowdesign [at] yahoo [dot] com if you have any questions, just want to say hello, or if you're interested in advertising on Aesthetic Outburst.

4 comments:

Tv Food and Drink said...

What a tremendous angle for a blog. I just found you via A Sweet Spoonful and added you to my blog roll, so I remember to come back and explore when I have free time. I have a freelance gig to finish as well... no funeral though. But I'd rather be free to read and play today. Gary

Shauna said...

Stumbled upon your lovely blog via pinterest while looking for inspiration for my daughter's room. I love what you've done with your daughter's room! Then I noticed you mentioned Ithaca (love Ithaca too lol). We're in Rome NY. Are you on facebook or just twitter? I haven't ventured onto twitter yet but would love to follow you on fb.

Shauna
www.facebook.com/UnderTheGreenUmbrella

Amberly said...

So glad to have discovered your blog! I love your style, and your story. And your kids are too cute. What a fun adventure your family is on with that old house, I can't wait to read/see more!

alessia said...

Clicked on your blog after seeing a post of your beautiful dining room on A Beautiful Mess and spotting an Ithaca Bakery bag on the floor! Got excited because I'm from Ithaca, and love it there myself :) Looking forward to exploring more of your beautiful house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...